Attorney at Law, Founder
Brent Nistler founded Nistler Law Office, s.c.,in 2008. He practices in the areas of real estate litigation, complex business litigation, and contract disputes. A former Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Nistler also handles complex criminal law matters. Mr. Nistler has tried 50 jury trials and has handled hundreds of other contested hearings. Mr. Nistler’s six most recent jury trials resulted in victory for his clients, and include:
- a plaintiff’s verdict in a conversion case, where the jury awarded $100,000 in punitive damages
- a plaintiff’s verdict in a negligent supervision case
- a plaintiff’s verdict in a breach of fiduciary duty, partnership dispute with the jury awarding punitive damages
- a plaintiff’s verdict on a Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law claim with additional damages awarded on contract claims
- a zero liability defense verdict on a contract claim, and a successful breach of contract counterclaim against Roundy’s Supermarkets
- a zero liability defense verdict on a fraudulent conveyance case
Mr. Nistler also successfully obtained at bench trial a judgment of over one million dollars for a client who sued the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD). Mr. Nistler’s victory was upheld on appeal and denied further review by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Cianciola, LLP v. Milwaukee Metro. Sewerage Dist., 2011 WI App 35, 331 Wis. 2d 740, 744, 796 N.W.2d 806, 809 (published decision), 2011 WI 86, 335 Wis. 2d 147, 803 N.W.2d 850 (denying review).
Mr. Nistler’s dedication and efforts have been recognized by the Wisconsin Law Journal, who named him a “Leader in the Law” for 2015. Additionally, Law and Politics Magazine named him a “Super Lawyer” in 2014 and 2015 and a “Rising Star,” for the previous 4 years in a row. He also has a perfect 10/10 AVVO rating.
Mr. Nistler obtained his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1996. He then graduated cum laude from Marquette University Law School in 1999. During law school, Mr. Nistler was a member of the Marquette Law Review.
Beyond the practice of law, Mr. Nistler lectures locally and nationally on trial preparation and the role of experts in litigation. He is an active member of Rotary, and a regular guest host of The Blues Drive on 91.7 WMSE.
Marquette University Law School, cum laude, 1999
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1996
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, s.c. 2004-2008
Milwaukee County District Attorneys’ Office 2000-2004
Super Lawyers’ Wisconsin Rising Star: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Super Lawyer, 2014
Leader in the Law, 2015
Superb Avvo Rating
Eastern District of Wisconsin
Western District of Wisconsin
Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit